Remote Desktop Services

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service to gather feature suggestions for Microsoft Remote Desktop Services. Vote for a feature or submit your own below!

The Fine Print: We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Note that the Microsoft Remote Desktop Services suggestion box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  End-User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Implement more flexible key remapping on Microsoft Remote Desktop 10 for Macintosh

Please allow me to fully remap modifier keys in remote desktop sessions. I use a Macintosh, but swap the command and control keys to make my experience closer to Windows, however the effect of this is that I have to use the the command key in RDP sessions - since on my Mac that is mapped to the control key.

I'd like to be able to flip the command and control keys back for just my RDP session. This would allow me to more or less continue to use the keys I'm used to. This would also help mac users…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. support the "negotiate security layer" option in the macOS Client

Please allow us to force, both in the GUI (per desktop) and in the .rdp file, the use of TLS instead of the x224 mode.

This is important for compliance.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Setup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Remonte Xbox

Allow Xbox 360 s and Xbox one series users to play or to control their consoles using rd client app or any other app could make connection with the console , so like that Xbox users could play their favorite games on their phones even if they aren't at home just they must have internet connection , if wish you understand my suggestion you must do it before Sony does it please try to understand what I said .

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Full Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. differential OS VDI disk

A new VDI collections copies the OS disk multiple times. Use the HYPERV differential disk from the template to the new created VDI. It is faster and takes up less disk space.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Use radius instead of AD for authentication

Allow RDGW as Auth server for RDGW.

We would like to use Radius auth and policies to control the RDGW:s.
    It would be a security enhancement over the current implementation.

Today you have to have openings directly from your RDGW to a domain controller. If the RDGW is placed on the DMZ you either have to run a dedicated AD for DMZ or have openings inwards.

If compromized an attacker can at least read a lot of AD data.
    With a Radius auth layer the access to the AD is not required and the only opening for auth would be…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Let user treat command key as Alt key, and option as Windows key.

This feature used to exist on version 8 of the OSX RDP client, but MSFT decided to remove this feature. Now I have to run Windows RDP from a Windows VM in order now to have the computer drive me nuts!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. It would be great if you could provide options for multiple copying of words from multiple locations

If you provide this feature in windows , it would result in more productivity & time saving. i have been using Windows for almost 15 years and many times I encountered this problem, like, it would be amazing if Microsoft give us an option to "Copy" multiple words from multiple locations. Maybe like, Copy 1 , Copy 2, Copy 3.

Let me know your thoughts on this.

Sincerely,
    Eldho

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. remote access on old computer for my new computer to gain acces to it.

I should not have to pay to update my original computer from windows 10 home to get remote access for my new computer to gain access to it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  RemoteApp Programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. In full screen you should only have access to the remote desktop taskbar.

when in full screen you should only have access to the remote desktop taskbar, because when you move the mouse down to open the taskbar you get both remote and local desktop taskbars with the local one on top making it very difficult to access the remote pc's programs and settings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Imprimir desde escritorio remoto

quiero saber si es posible imprimir desde el escritorio remoto a una impresora que este en red de mi iphone

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Imprimir desde escritorio remoto

quiero saber si es posible imprimir desde el escritorio remoto a una impresora que este en red de mi iphone

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Waste of time. Cannot load the remote device I want to connect to.....................

No use supplying a service that does not function properly. Waste of time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It is simply impossible to load the Desktop I wish to connect to

It is simply impossible to add the remote desktop to my laptop. Impossible because the Remote desktop service windows just drops of the screen. Bye, bye. The only reality is impossibility! Nada, nothing hopeless waste of time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Antoniosp

No me voy para acá para que me voy para la escuela de acá en mi trabajo me voy para la tarde y ya estoy en mi camita con mi familia de donde voy para la tarde para mañana para que me pase la mañana en la feria del sábado por el morro que tengo de un día más de vacaciones y me voy para la feria de donde andas te vas al médico te mando el dinero que me pones el tuyo si me pasas la hora de tu cumpleaños para mañana te quiero mucho y te mando un…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Master Ho Chee Cherng

Resolve Copyright and trade Mark notice period for replacement of whom.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Well let’s just say I don’t have all of my remote server and or dad or something else though please help textmail7o7six 8 for-o5 ate nine o

My idea to add me back into my system I have dirty rotten I am ****’s in my /network I want my server back or at least put the dirty back where it needs too so they can stop changing my accessibility ect

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Have it so you can use your mobile device as a remote and have the streaming of videos on the PCs monitor instead of on your mobile phone

Have it so you can use your mobile device as a remote and have the streaming of videos on the PCs monitor instead of on your mobile phone

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Provisioning of Remote Desktop for Mac

Analogue to Mass-Provisioning of Remote Desktop Features under Windows, i‘d like to see a similar mass-provisioning feature under Mac.

F.example:
    Use current SAM username (Mac with AD Integration

Set Standard URL for the webfeed or use DNS Lookup for SAM.

Set Forwarding Options.

Shouldnt be a nightmare, as all data should already be published:

\domain-controller\gpo store\default policy (or one for Macs)

Just to add the MS RemoteApp Magic under Mac for every user, logging in and they can use all Windows Resources.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Windows 1809, RDS Gateway, App Proxy, Azure MFA, Server 2016

RDS Gateway presented via App Proxy no longer works with Windows 1809 - 17763.194.

Error message: "An error occurred while sending data to the Remote Desktop Gateway Server. The server is temporarily unavailable or a network connection is down..."

No issues when connecting from a Windows 1709 build with the same user.

Please advise?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base