Remote Desktop Services

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service to gather feature suggestions for Microsoft Remote Desktop Services. Vote for a feature or submit your own below!

The Fine Print: We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Note that the Microsoft Remote Desktop Services suggestion box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. RD Gateway and web access Server on 1 VM

RD Gateway and web access Server on 1 VM, saves 1 vm cost

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Why is the default design multiserver? Single server deployment for small environments?

Why is the default design multiserver? Single server deployment for small environments?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Custom Key Mapping for macOS Client

Add the ability to custom map keyboard shortcuts from macOS to Windows VMs. Currently only supports ⌘-C / ⌘-V to Ctrl-C / Ctrl-V which is inadequate. The ability to map for instance ⌘-S, ⌘-X, ⌘-Z and ⌘-⇧-Z would greatly improve the user-experiance for mac users.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  End-User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Folder view via RemoteApp client

Allow apps to appear in folders in Win32 RemoteApp and Desktop Connections client like they do via Web Access

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  RemoteApp Programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Shorter URL for Remote Resource Feed

Having to enter the entire URL for the feed in Windows 10 makes no sense. An end user should just be able to enter "remote.company.com" and Windows should fill in the rest. Currently we have to enter "https://remote.company.com/rdweb/feed/webfeed.aspx".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  RemoteApp Programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Huawei P20 Pro

I have a Huawei p20 pro and the mouse pointer is about 5mm to the left of where it actually clicks and the bottom and right hand side of the screen don't display in full screen mode.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Full Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. ดีมากครับ

ใช้ง่าย

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Bugfix

Please introduce a bugfix for the following situation:
    When using the Android app of Microsoft Remote Desktop and trying to connect to a computer with NLA disabled while being redirected to another computer, the app throws error 0x204 "We coudn't connect to the remote PC. Make sure the PC is turned on and connected to the network, and that remote access is enabled."

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. OSX fullscreen without new space

Just like iterm2 allows a full screen without native spaces in OSX.

Doing that will allow us to switch to full screen RDP app by jumping directly to the workspace without the annoying window borders and title.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Full Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. add performance report(i.e drive space, memory threshold, cpu utlization ) of server in event viewer and enable a aleart mechanism for that

add performance report(i.e drive space, memory threshold, cpu utlization ) of server in event viewer and enable a aleart mechanism for that

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. launch app the first time

I have used remote desktop 8 for at least 6 months and it works great. However, now that microsoft is no longer going to be using this version, I have downloaded 10. I often have to try to connect multiple times,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Pixelbook

I cannot seem to figure out the screen resolutions on my pixlebook. The screens are either way too big or way to small. Any suggestions?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Mac RDS app won't recognize when mouse buttons are reversed (on purpose) on both the Mac and Windows 10 computer.

The Windows 8 Remote Desktop App For Mac was good at recognizing that I have my primary and secondary mouse buttons reversed in my Mac (and Windows 8) preferences. However, the Windows 10 app for Mac can't handle that and often treats both buttons as if they are secondary mouse buttons! I have to use the touchpad instead but I really shouldn't have to.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add an optional stay alive with adjustable interval

Prevent iautomatic disconnect due to idle session.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Setup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  RemoteApp Programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. RDP session is minimized when clicking on other monitors or windows.

I run multiple monitors. Frequently, when I have an RDP session open on one monitor, and click on a window in another monitor, the active RDP session minimizes. This is extremely frustrating when trying to compare data between the two windows and practically defeats the purpose of having multiple monitors.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow accounts with the same name to be created

At the moment you can not create two or more accounts with the same name. This is wrong. As long as the password is different as well they should be treated as separate accounts.

My client's IT often create an account for me using by first name which means I can't use this app to connect to all my RDC's.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Setup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 2017 new iPad can’t use 1024*768

2017 new iPad can’t use 1024768,but 2018 new iPad can work on 1024768
    Plz fix bug 1024*768 for 2017 new iPad

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Full Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Extended logging for MSRA

We need precise logging for MSRA sessions. Which support user, which end user; timestamps for start and end of session an remote control; remote machine name etc.
    Logging should be only in the MSRA application log.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Telemetry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow RDS web services RDWeb and RDGW to be installed within a new web site in IIS rather than Default Web Site

Allow RDS web services RDWeb and RDGW to be installed within a new web site in IIS rather than Default Web Site. I encountered issues with RDS deployment being visible in Server Manager when ADCS NDES (Network Device Enrolment Service) is installed in the Default WebSite in IIS, the Service Principal Name associated with the NDES service account creates issues connecting to the RDCB in Server Manager

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Setup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base