Remote Desktop Services

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service to gather feature suggestions for Microsoft Remote Desktop Services. Vote for a feature or submit your own below!

The Fine Print: We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Note that the Microsoft Remote Desktop Services suggestion box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow concurrent user or server based licensing

Our applications utilize a concurrent licensing model (standard in our industry) and when providing remote access it adds significant confusion and frequently locks up our sales process due to the mismatch between our product and the licensing model of dependent technologies.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow signout when SSO is activated on web access

When we activate Web Gateway SSO. It is not possible to let the user to connect with another account. Is it possible to add an option change user?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  End-User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. remove the top blue bar and introduce a taskbar / systemtray button

For me personally the blue top bar is very annoying. When showed it is always in the way above e.g. browser tabs. When hidden it unintentionally pops up when hitting the screen edge.
    It would be much better if I could switch back to the host via a button in the taskbar / systemtray area.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  End-User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Increase rdp-tcp listener ID more than 65536

65536 is small number already. It is easy to achieve. After reaching it Windows begins to behave improperly.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Protocol  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fix RemoteApp issues with mstsc.exe on Windows 10 1809 & 1903

Ever since Windows 10 1709, mstsc.exe does not work as designed. z-order issues persist as well as application windows periodically stop refreshing even though an administrator shadowing a user from the server can see the applications functioning normally.

My fall back is to run the 1703 version of mstsc.exe and mstscax.dll, but this is only a stop-gap and is not without significant supportability issues.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  RemoteApp Programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. SAML

Have the ability to configure DRS webclient and traditional RD infrastructure work via SAML to be able to integrate with the dozens of SSO + MFA providers out there

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Setup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Release a public preview of RDS modern infrastructure

The current RD gateway is cumbersome to set up for session hosts on highly segregated networks. At Ignite, they said there should be a public preview available during the first quarter of this year. Is it coming soon? Or can you add me to the private preview? :)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Fix high-resolution screens.

I have a 3440x1440 desktop (native resolution) connecting from a client with a 3440x1440 resolution at full screen, but when I connect the remote desktop screen is not at 3440x1440 but instead at something about 85% of that. Please fix RD so that full screen is ACTUALLY full screen.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Full Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Connect with username domain\username%ip-address

Program crashed if use usename “domain\username%ip-address”. Problem appears only on IOS.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. documentation

Keep the documentation current! It's almost the end of 2017 and the documentation changes in Server 2016 RemoteApp are non-existent. It's very inefficient to have to guess our way through features.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  RemoteApp Programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. User Profile Disk (UPD) on NAS

It would be nice, if we could use UPD Shares on NAS (Network attached storage) Solutions (like Hitachi HNAS)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Support for redundant rdweb gateway configuration with Azure AD Application proxy

It isnot possible to run a fully redundant Azure AD Application Proxy setup with SSO Enabled for rdweb. The Webservise is not supported to run under a user account, this would resolve the spn issue for kerberos tickets.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. User authentication using LDAP Connection rather than Member AD in Hosted Environment

User authentication for Gateway, RDWeb, Connection broker using LDAP Connection rather than Member AD for Hosted Environment.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Can you enable remote desktop working from Windows Home Edition during Covid-19 restrictions? My work computer is ready to connect.

Can you enable remote desktop working from Windows 10 Home Edition during the Covid-19 restrictions? My work computer is ready to connect only to get home and find I can't due to this restriction. Please remove this restriction during the Covid-19 outbreak

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Update RDS Gateway Authentication to include client IP

Currently when an RDS Gateway authenticates a user, it does not pass along the connecting system's IP address like it does the user name, despite putting that IP address and user name in the event log for the authentication attempt. If it did, your NPS or RADIUS server could then do some great things such as target policies based on that connecting IP.

I propose using the 'Calling Station Identifier' field which would work for both NPS and other RADIUS systems.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow customising of Modern HTML5 support

I would like to able to customise the end user experience, such as the login screen with a logo and different text

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Support Multiple Monitors on Android Remote Desktop Client

To boost productivity, Android Remote Desktop Client should support multiple monitors. Currently on windows you are able to remote using all your monitors. I currently use an Asus Chrome Book and work remotely on occasion. It would be great if I could use multiple monitors when remoting into my desktop. I have hear lots of similar feedback in my company.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  RemoteApp Programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Capital lock on using the shift key causes intermittent all capital typing

In the past several months I've experienced a frustrating problem regarding cap-lock during normal typing with occasional shifting for capital letters. I'd say that about 80% of the time that I use the left shift key all following letters are capital. This requires another press of the shift key. This only happens while in a RDP session. I am using an Acer Chromebook (Version 75.0.3770.144 (Official Build) (64-bit)).
    Thank you.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  End-User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Mouse Support for Windows Remote Desktop on the iPad Pro with iPadOS.

It would be great to have mouse support including middle mouse button on the iPad Pro for Windows Remote Desktop. This would allow users to work on Windows while having the portability of an iPad. Personally, I would love full functionality of the middle mouse button which allows me to use CAD based windows software on the move. It would be a huge deal for a lot of power users. Please please make it happen. fingers crossed

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ask for confirmation when kicking off another user

Often times multiple users may wish to remote into the same machine. It's very disruptive for someone already logged in to be suddently kicked off by another user wishing to do the same

There should be a confirmation dialog when remoting into a desktop where someone else is already logged in. This avoids any unintentional disruptions

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  End-User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base