Remote Desktop Services

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service to gather feature suggestions for Microsoft Remote Desktop Services. Vote for a feature or submit your own below!

The Fine Print: We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Note that the Microsoft Remote Desktop Services suggestion box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

under review  ·  7 comments  ·  Setup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fully featured, manageable RD client bootable image for USB drives. This would enable a multitude of inexpensive options for RDSE solutions!

If MS would offer a prepackaged WinPE/AIK/ADK-like boot environment with a solid RD client, in a bootable image for USB drives and other local or network storage devices (bootable ISO?)... I think it could be an extremely effective component of many RDSE, VDI, and similar solutions. I can imagine a lot of scenarios where a standard, widely-used product of this kind could be tremendously effective. . I could go on and on (too late) about how this could benefit a wide variety of enterprise solutions, or be modified to suit many different additional situations, but I bet the people in…

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Setup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. RD Web Client Offline Install

Install the RDWeb Client on a system that has no internet connectivity. Some scenarios especially at the customer do not allow Internet access.
    While the PowerShell modules can be downloaded separately with workarounds like Publish-Module etc to install the module manually. At step 5) from the official documentation (Install-RDWebClientPackage), it tries to download a “rd-html5-1.0.0.zip” file. This will not work on servers without internet and even if we get the .zip file downloaded on a separate machine, we cannot add it as parameter to “Install-RDWebClientPackage"

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Setup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Full redundancy for License servers and License pinning

I want to be able to have Active/Active license servers, and have my licence packs be shared across them. It is difficult to manage multiple license servers each with portions of my licenses. In addition, I would like to be able to reserve blocks of license for specific session hosts or farms. For example, I have an application group that needs to buy 10 licenses for their application. Currently those 10 licenses go into the pool of licenses. I have no way of ensuring those licenses are available for their intended purpose.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Setup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Support for Windows Server Core

For the Core RDS Infrastructre such as connection broker , web access gateways ect

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Setup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Remove WID or SQL dependencies for Broker

I know that RDS needs a place where save some informations, like VDI configuration, but is not normal that I must have a SQL Standard to use Broker HA.

AD could be a good repository or the alternative is use, by default, SQL Express and find a way to replicate the configuration between each Broker. IT Admin can select to use SQL Standard (if present).

S

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Setup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Central Storage for the Remote Desktop Gatway computer groups

If you have a lot of RD gateways, and you want to fill the "local computer group, you need to do this on every server. Support for a central place to store this information makes it more scalable.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Microsoft RDP Server for Linux

I currently use a combination of XRDP and VNC on Linux and a Microsoft RDP client on my Mac (great software, BTW) to remote into Linux machines, but it is a real pain to set up on the Linux side. Azure/HybridCloud is the future and the .Net Framework/Docker/MESOS/YadaYadaYada are all going cross-platform. Microsoft would be doing itself a big favor by developing a secure, feature-rich, enterprise-class, well-maintained RDP Server for Linux that Windows/Mac RDP clients could connect to.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add RDSessionHost in a disabled state

Would like to use the Add-RDSessionHost command and set the NewConnectionAllowed option while added the server to a collection.
    Currently have to run the Add and then Set command separately. If using a Try/Catch script, this can fail, thus still adding the server to a collection in an enabled state, causing users to connect to a server when we don't want them to.
    Would like to be able to add a server in a disabled state to prevent this type of issue.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Setup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Full VHDX Based Profile without shared storage

Complete User profiles based on VHDX and Live migration of Profile storage without interrupting User sessions without shared storage.

To improve uninterrupted maintenance of Servers.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. RD Gateway Server Farm central management

We would like to be able to manage the entire RD Gateway farm at once. Currently we have to make the same change manually on each device in the farm. This is very tedious and causes mistakes and differences between servers.
    Have a talk with the ADFS team where once setup as a farm, changes are made on one server and replicate to all of them.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. SAML

Have the ability to configure DRS webclient and traditional RD infrastructure work via SAML to be able to integrate with the dozens of SSO + MFA providers out there

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Latest build doest work with android Q beta build

Please update app to work with Android beta Q

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. enable decrease deployed number of VDI

I can increase the number of VDI's in an VDI-collection (server manager/RDS/Collection/W7 VDI/add virt. desktop), but I cannot decrease it. This does not work either:
    (Get-RDVirtualDesktopCollection -CollectionName "W7 VDI").size = 2

We are migrating from w7 to w10, so resources has to be relocated to w10 VDI.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. MacOS, App Proxy, NPS Extension, RDP Client V10

Hi,

We are currently facing an issue where the latest MacOS RDP client version 10 does not work with RDS hosted via App Proxy using the NPS extension. When connecting to the remote session, we will receive the MFA prompt via the NPS extension, which is then approved using the Microsoft Authenticator App, but nothing happens. No connection and it eventually timeout.

When disabling the NPS extension the MacOS RDP client is able to connect.

The old version with the NPS extension (version 8) would sometimes work after multiple attempts.

The same issue has been raised here:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/azure/en-US/b6244418-b349-451f-bbd0-6b5f4080173e/rd-gateway-with-nps-mfa-not-working-on-mac-computer?forum=winRDc

Is this…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. your hp note book came with to much storage and i have no idea how to fix it,do you

your hp note book came with to much storage and i have no idea how to fix it,do you? It was over 90 percent full when i bought it. It tells me to get rid of the storage but doesnt trell me how, This hp note book moves slower than , its a joke. WHAT THE DO I DO TO FIX THIS? Put it in plain english please. im ready to throw this in garbage!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. RDP on MacBook Pro model control key send windows key

On current MacBook Pro models the control key and command key are mapped to Windows Key. I have to use a old eternal keyboard to send a control key. This happens on windows 16 and 10.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. RDS Connection Broker HA using File Share witness

Need Connection broker HA without shared storage

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Remote Desktop for OS10.11

Do you have a link to download a version of Remote Desktop that is compliment with OS10.11? The version currently on the Appstore will not run on OS10.11. I can not upgrade beyond OS10 because my Mac does' have the power to run a newer OS. Please send a link. Thanks in advance. Andrew

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Pre-authentication feature to other clients than Internet Explorer

The internet explorer is not a current browser. But when i want to deploy RDP with Azure App Proxy and the best experience it says: "The configuration outlined in this article is for users on Windows 7 or 10, with Internet Explorer plus the RDS ActiveX add-on"
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/manage-apps/application-proxy-integrate-with-remote-desktop-services

Telling people they need another hardware or not use their common browser (Edge, Chrome, Safari) to connect - is not the right way.
    Please develop Addins for these Browsers so that it works.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base