Remote Desktop Services

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service to gather feature suggestions for Microsoft Remote Desktop Services. Vote for a feature or submit your own below!

The Fine Print: We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Note that the Microsoft Remote Desktop Services suggestion box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Windows Virtual Desktop for On-Premises scenarios

Windows Virtual Desktop will be available as a Microsoft Azure Service later this year. The idea is great - full Windows Client Desktop with Semi Annual Channel and full Office 365 Support but the most common feedback when I present Windows Virtual desktop to partners and customers is that they want to have this technology On-Premises. So please provide Windows 10 based RDS Host technology for On-Premises Deployments with full Office 365 Support and Semi Annual Channel Release cadence.

264 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

23 comments  ·  End-User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Change WVD Licensing to support Multi-Cloud and real OnPrem

A lot of companies have multi-location scenarios, including multi-cloud scenarios.
    Today it is very common that services will be put into the cloud, that suits the service most (cost wise or ressource wise).
    WVD does not fit into this scenario as it can not be put into the same cloud where the services reside that will be used.
    And this is not always O365 or any other MS Service, it could be a totally different scenario.
    Putting the desktop into Azure and the service into another cloud will end up the user complaining performance and therefor giving not a good…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Can you enable remote desktop working from Windows Home Edition during Covid-19 restrictions? My work computer is ready to connect.

Can you enable remote desktop working from Windows 10 Home Edition during the Covid-19 restrictions? My work computer is ready to connect only to get home and find I can't due to this restriction. Please remove this restriction during the Covid-19 outbreak

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 770000

gugu2009sbt

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Setup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Update RDS Gateway Authentication to include client IP

Currently when an RDS Gateway authenticates a user, it does not pass along the connecting system's IP address like it does the user name, despite putting that IP address and user name in the event log for the authentication attempt. If it did, your NPS or RADIUS server could then do some great things such as target policies based on that connecting IP.

I propose using the 'Calling Station Identifier' field which would work for both NPS and other RADIUS systems.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Search / Filter saved connections in Remote Desktop Windows Store client

In the Remote Desktop Windows Store client add Search / Filter function for saved connections.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  End-User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. privacy

The time to be nice is gone I have ask all of you to get out of my accounts and stop the building of apps in my name this is a warning that people or going to not like the results of the apps that someone is creating if there doing it in my account it cant be good

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. cmd + c / ctrl + v in RDP stopped working after last update (COPY & PASTE)

Does anybody has the same problem like I do? When I copy any text in MacOS I am not able to "insert" is with ctrl + v or right click and pressing insert. Simply it does not access the memory...

Thank you

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  RemoteApp Programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Keyboard Shortcut to Minimize the Session

I think it would be great if there was a keyboard shortcut to minimize a full screen session. This would make switching to the local desktop much easier.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Remote Desktop to Azure AD Joined devices

For the Windows Store Remote Desktop Client - Add the ability to connect to an Azure AD joined device with an Azure AD user. Currently impossible has to be done using mstsc and editing the .rdp file to get it to work (Credssp changes)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Latest versions of RDS webclient require "Show Details" to be pressed to progress to RemoteApp in browser.

Since 1.0.19.0 of the RDS webclient you have needed to press "Show Details" info in the webclient to progress from icon click to the TS login screen to progress launch of remoteapp. By contrast a published Desktop starts without the need for this interaction.
    This was not the behaviour on the first few versions of the webclient and is confusing for users as they expect the app to just start after clicking the launch icons. This behaviour seems consistent across all browsers.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  End-User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Have Desktop Tool like VMware

I have used VMware tools before I forget the name but I was able to make a bunch of virtual machines without much knowledge Microsoft should simplify all of this and let you create it and deploy it without using power shell ect

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Copy and paste between local and remote no longer works, this is a recent issue.

Copying (even just text) from a remove client to the local desktop no longer works. This has worked for years and has recently been broken.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Windows Hello For Business intergration for WVD login

To benefit from biometrical login methods, the integration of Windows Hello For Business as login method to access the WVD Session Hosts would make it easier and provides a more seamless experience for end users.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Full Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Configure sticky sessions/affinity for hosts in a session collection.

We've experienced problems with RemoteApps when users move back and forth between RemoteApp session hosts that have the same applications installed. It would be great to have the ability to have some logic built-in to allow users to have a sticky/affinity for the same host to which they were initially directed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Remote Desktop for OS10.11

Do you have a link to download a version of Remote Desktop that is compliment with OS10.11? The version currently on the Appstore will not run on OS10.11. I can not upgrade beyond OS10 because my Mac does' have the power to run a newer OS. Please send a link. Thanks in advance. Andrew

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Setup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Pre-authentication feature to other clients than Internet Explorer

The internet explorer is not a current browser. But when i want to deploy RDP with Azure App Proxy and the best experience it says: "The configuration outlined in this article is for users on Windows 7 or 10, with Internet Explorer plus the RDS ActiveX add-on"
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/manage-apps/application-proxy-integrate-with-remote-desktop-services

Telling people they need another hardware or not use their common browser (Edge, Chrome, Safari) to connect - is not the right way.
    Please develop Addins for these Browsers so that it works.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Setup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base