Remote Desktop Services

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service to gather feature suggestions for Microsoft Remote Desktop Services. Vote for a feature or submit your own below!

The Fine Print: We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Note that the Microsoft Remote Desktop Services suggestion box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. create a rdp client for windows 10 IoT

I was looking into the possibility to create low cost Thin Clients with Raspberry Pi running windows 10 IoT, but it lacks a rdp client. I understand win 10 IoT has a small footprint for a reason, but making this available as some sort off add-on would be great.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Full Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please add feature to migrate machine list from one remote desktop assistant to another

Please add feature to export machine list from one remote desktop assistant to import into another remote desktop

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Full Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Full screen option should NOT cover the task bar when run on the default monitor.

Previous versions of RDP and current version of RDP for Windows 10 both cover the task bar when run in full screen mode on the default monitor. This is unlike most Windows programs which do not cover the task bar. When this happens, the user must minimize the RDP session to access the task bar. Please either change full screen mode to NOT cover the task bar, or add the option so that the user may select. RDC manager, which seems to be more like the Windows 10 RDP client than the pre-Windows 10 RDP clients, does not cover the…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Full Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Deletion warning “Idle session limit”

The user receives a warning that renders the user's screen unavailable, forcing the user to always press a key. Functionality is essential to limit inactive session time, yet the message to the user does not add to user productivity. Also, the warning is in the language of the system operating, so many users do not even understand the warning.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Fix high-resolution screens.

I have a 3440x1440 desktop (native resolution) connecting from a client with a 3440x1440 resolution at full screen, but when I connect the remote desktop screen is not at 3440x1440 but instead at something about 85% of that. Please fix RD so that full screen is ACTUALLY full screen.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow the creation of shortcuts for remote connections on desktop.

Allow the user to create a shortcut on their desktop for a remote desktop connection in windows 10, using the microsoft remote desktop UWP app.
    Currently they must open the app and select the connection.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Switch between full screen sessions as though they were virtual desktops

if I have a RD session full screen on a win10 Virtual Desktop, the key sequence Win+Ctrl+LeftArrow gets captured by the remote desktop so I can't quickly toggle between full-screen sessions (on macOS when they are opened as full-screen we can use the usual keys to switch)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. https://alsaery5585.wordpress.com/author/alsyrymwsst/

مؤسسة الصيعري بالشرقيه الدمام مظلات سواتر هناجر
    اهلا وسهلا بكل اعضاء وزوار المنتدى تحية طيبة لكم وبعد~... يسرنا بكل سرور ان نخدمكم في كافة احتياجاتكم من السواتر بجميع انواعها سواتر شركة متخصصة في تركيب جميع انواع المظلات والسواتر في المملكة العربية السعودية, لدينا أنواع كثيرة جداا من السواتر التى تناسب جميع الاحتياجات ومصنعه من خامات مستوردة وجودة عالية ومغطاه بطبقة من البي في سي العازل والمقاوم للعوامل الجوية, كما أنه يوجد سواتر مصنوعه من القماش العالي الكثافة على شكل شبك من خامات البولي أثلين polyethylene netting cloth. سواتر من الخشب البلاستيكي بأنواعها المختلفة المجدولة والشرائح السواتر بكافة أنواعها وأشكالها المتنوعة…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Remote Desktop that allows controlled computer to be used as a secondary monitor

I do know the main purpose of remote desktop is to control a remote computer... But, here is a crazy idea that I think could be very functional. I am a college student that uses it almost on the daily because my current 15inch laptop is too small and when it comes to doing most homework assignments, but all of my files are stored on my laptop, so all I simply do is remote desktop into it on a campus computer with a bigger screen.

So here is an idea: Being able to remote desktop into my laptop from another…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. jrishsgnah

loner want for jesus

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Zoom with 2 fingers and moove into image

Include again the possibility: When zooming with two fingers it is no longer possible to move in the zoomed image. What a shame it was handy.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Teamviewer Functionality - For Unattended access to machines by groups, permissions, etc!!!

The NEEDED function to remote into windows 10 machines in unattended mode. The ability to traverse routers and login using simply HTTP / UDP open port protocols.

I.e., very similar almost "EXACTLY" how Teamviewer works.

You have remote desktop, you have unattended access, you have a RDP server that can be built but you DONT have is standard open port connectivity and Azure based portal to manage the connections for authorized machines.

This would be VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY useful and needed and about time... geez

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Remonte Xbox

Allow Xbox 360 s and Xbox one series users to play or to control their consoles using rd client app or any other app could make connection with the console , so like that Xbox users could play their favorite games on their phones even if they aren't at home just they must have internet connection , if wish you understand my suggestion you must do it before Sony does it please try to understand what I said .

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. In full screen you should only have access to the remote desktop taskbar.

when in full screen you should only have access to the remote desktop taskbar, because when you move the mouse down to open the taskbar you get both remote and local desktop taskbars with the local one on top making it very difficult to access the remote pc's programs and settings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base