Remote Desktop Services

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service to gather feature suggestions for Microsoft Remote Desktop Services. Vote for a feature or submit your own below!

The Fine Print: We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Note that the Microsoft Remote Desktop Services suggestion box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make User Profile disks work for more than one collection! You often need more than one app collection for apps that cannot coexist on 1RDSH

Make User Profile disks work for more than one collection! You often need more than one app collection for apps that cannot coexist on a server farm. Now you need to create a dedicated UPD for each collection or VDI. Please make it possible to share it.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  User Data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Server 2019 - UPD profile folder not deleted during logoff

Hi.

When using User Profile Disk in an RDS environment on Server 2019, the profile folder is not fully removed during logoff. This causes several folders with the users name in C:\Users.

It is always the same 3 files remaining in the same path.
    Path: C:\Users&lt;username>.000.001.002\AppData\Local\ConnectedDevicesPlatform\L.<username>
    Files: ActivitiesCache.db + ActivitiesCache.db-shm + ActivitiesCache.db-wal

The issue is not present for Server 2016.

Images on: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/42a99ce4-9c33-4f69-a422-f662499ed1c8/server-2019-upd-profile-folder-not-deleted-during-logoff?forum=ws2019

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Host list / address book

Make the host adress book sync to one drive or o365 account and shareable with colleagues so that when the windows client is re-installed one doesn’t have to re-create all hosts

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. number pad

My number pad doesnt work in the remote desktop. and i can't access my printer.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. User Profile Disks - RDS

Include in the RDS Collection settings a checkbox for 'Appdata/Local/Microsoft/Office/16.0/Licensing' - as well as v15..
    This way when users have to manually activate office 365 - their activation token and license is able to roam the RDS session hosts as their user uses the environment daily..

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Pop up Window before Printing

I have recognized that often to many pages from an Email are printed out, that is not good for our environmental. My proposal is to have a possibility to set up in outlook a “pop up window” (on demand) = e.g. = do you want to print all pages, are you sure?
    I know there is the possibility to choose which pages do you want to print, but many people are using the button "high speed printing”.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add client name column under RDS connections

My main problem is, if I choose a collection, and want to see the connections on this collection, I can see the folowing column : server fqdn, user, session state, ID, log on time, disconnect and idle time but I cannot see the client name. Is there a way to add this column ?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I think you should let people know what you're doing to them first. You should probably get their signatures instead of deleting their e-sig

DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer
    Windows Management Framework 5.1 includes updates to Windows PowerShell, Windows PowerShell Desired State Configuration (DSC), Windows Remote Management (WinRM), Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI). Release notes: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=839460

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Need my old email user names and passwords

I have a bunch of emails my girl friends won’t tell me the passwords and I need to get into them
    There’s like 7 or more

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Vulnarability

Hi,

Using Objective See's Dylib Hijack Scanner or DHS, I was able to detect that some of your resources are susceptible to a very nasty MacOS attack.
    /Applications/Microsoft Remote Desktop.app/Contents/MacOS/Microsoft Remote Desktop
    rpath vulnerability: /usr/lib/swift/libcrypto.1.0.0.dylib

/Applications/Microsoft Remote Desktop.app/Contents/PlugIns/QuicklookExtension.appex/Contents/MacOS/QuicklookExtension
    rpath vulnerability: /usr/lib/swift/ClientShared.framework/Versions/A/ClientShared

The scanner is here: https://objective-see.com/products/dhs.html

You can read here about the attack here - https://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.synack.com/canSecW.pdf

This software vendor is highly reputable, I recommend you to use it so it can list all the susceptible resources.

I have 167 companies to inform today...

Kind Regards
    Good luck

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Save my server list as profile on local disk

Hi, every time when i rebuild my system, it's hard for me to recover my server list in to remote desktop APP, is that possible to enable a server list export function as help? thanks,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. saving settings

I wish you have the App settings save so everytime I go from machine to machine my have to recreate all my machines I manage ...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. şans oyunları üzerine program hazırlamak

çok takip edilen tek sektör bütün şans oyunları kombinasyon değerlendirmeler hergün at yarışı var hergün loto var ama bu çoğunluklu kişilere bir tık yok çok tık alır.bu tür uygulamalar.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base