Remote Desktop Client for Mac

Welcome to the UserVoice forum for Remote Desktop clients. Vote for a feature or submit your own below! For help troubleshooting problems, please post about your issue with a detailed description.
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.
  1. Please restore the "Custom" full screen mode (available in Remote Desktop 8) to Remote Desktop 10

In the Remote Desktop 8 app for MacOS (available via the Mac App Store) full screen mode could be set to "custom" rather than "OSX Native". When you have multiple monitors in MacOS and "Displays have separate spaces" is turned off in System Preferences -> Mission Control, the default OSX Native full screen blacks out all other monitors so you can see or interact with them. That being the only method of full screen in Remote Desktop 10 from the Mac App Store is incredibly frustrating as it means I either have to work in less than full screen in…

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

14 comments  ·  Feature suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Error code: 0x204

Every time I connect on my PC to connect to remote access it says 'Connecting to MacBook...Initiating remote access', but then I get 'Error code: 0x204' and 'We couldn't connect to the remote PC. Make sure the PC is turned on and connected to the network, and that remote access is enabled'. I'm not sure why this is occurring as I was previously able to use remote access with no trouble on the same computer.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Feature suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable mstshash cookie

We are attempting to enable persistence for load-balancing RDP connections to Windows10 VMs for our macOS clients. Ideally, this persistence would be based on the mstshash cookie, however the macOS client does not appear to have this implemented.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Workspaces Remote Desktop - Control single/multi Full Screen or Windowed mode

At the moment when connecting to a Workspaces based remote desktop I can only connect full screen. It would be handy to have a Settings option like on the Windows client which would allow us to choose whether to use multiple screens, individual screens or even have a desktop in a Window.

Thank you,
    Tim

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Feature suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. HighDPI/Retina Support for WVD Workspaces

Please add "Optimize for Retina Display" support to allow HighDPI functionality for session/workspace connections to WVD as is available for the Windows client and PC RDP sessions on the Mac client.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Feature suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Better multi monitor support with Windows Virtual Desktop

When using WVD as a workspace and multiple monitors, when going into windowed mode, mutiple monitors still exist in that mode. It would be nice to have this use multiple monitors in full screen mode, but only one monitor in windowed mode.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Support Giving Assistance via Quick Assist

Enable us Mac users to support Windows users via native Win10 Quick Assist.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Macbook Trackpad Gestures

Several Macbook trackpad common scroll & zoom gestures not functioning within MS Remote Desktop. Some of these gestures include:
    1. Zoom in or out - Pinch with two fingers
    2. Scroll left or right - Two finger slide to the left or right
    3. Smart zoom in/out - Two finger double-tap
    4. Rotate - Rotate with two fingers

It would be wonderful to see these trackpad gestures functioning within MS Remote Desktop.

Thanks for your consideration of this matter

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Keyboard shortcut "alt"-tab should apply within the RDP window on Mac

When I'm in full screen mode on my mac, but RDP into windows, I forget what environment I'm in (this is good!), but then I go to hit cmd-tab on my mac keyboard (which is the same stroke combination and finger positions, but "alt" on a Windows keyboard), I end up in the mac environment, instead of switching to the other app within the windows environment like I'm expecting. I wish RDP would take over this functionality while I'm in the RDP window.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. remotefx with macOS client

With xrdp and the MS Windows 10 RDP client you can trigger a RemoteFX session with 24bit or greater with a LAN Experience. I don't don't believe you can enable RemoteFX on the macOS client.

Will RemoteFX be coming to the macOS client? If it's already there what settings are required to enable it with a RemoteFX-able server.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Enable Media Optimization for MS Teams on Windows Virtual Desktop

Enable media optimization for Teams as per https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-desktop/teams-on-wvd. This is supposed to allow a lag free meeting experience.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Offer a choice to go full screen or windowed mode when using WVD

When connecting into a WVD workspace, by default, the session goes into full screen mode and it is tricky to switch between the Mac desktop and WVD.

Can we have an option in the connection setting just to log into WVD in windowed mode only?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The connection disconnected because network unavailable. Error code: 0x6000003

This happens quite frequently if the network temporarily switches between different WLANs.
    Suggestion: monitor network changes (like Safari does) and try to reconnect, instead of just showing an outdated remote desktop screen with the error message (as shown in the title).

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Feature suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Need in smartcard PIV login from Mac to Windows OS by RDC connection. Ditto!!!

Need in smartcard PIV login from Mac to Windows OS by RDC connection. Ditto!!!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When a session gets disconnected just close the window. The "disconnected" popup serves no useful purpose whatsoever.

It's aggravating flipping through to find my session only to find a "disconnected" notice. I use the Connection Center to find my sessions anyway since I usually have several open so if it's closed just start the reconnection/logon process. That would be a much better experience.

So if you are currently sitting on the session working show the popup in case there is a connectivity issue. Otherwise just close it out.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. New full screen connection windows open on the preferred side (new desktop window)

New full screen connection windows always move to the right (they open up in a new desktop to the right of the Remote Desktop client (Mac)). My workflow needs it to open on the left (I currently have to rearrange each time I initiate the connection). It's a small thing but if I could select which side it opens on, or even if it could minimize the client make the requested connection full screen in its place that would be awesome.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. iPad RDP Apple Magic Mouse Support

Please add to IPad RDP Apple Magic Mouse

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. [macOS] Retina display optimizations for multiple monitors

Currently, Retina display optimizations only worked for single monitor. It will improve productivity for supporting multiple monitors

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. It should be able to read password field from RDP file.

Just as we have in mstsc.exe in windows, remote desktop client 10 should be able to retrieve password from Rdp file , instead of prompting for password .

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Disable the Mac OS menubar and dock from appearing when in a full screen PC remote session.

Allow a user to enable/disable the appearance of the Mac OS menubar and dock when their cursor is at the top or bottom of the screen in a full screen PC remote session. It is far too easy for these to pop up when you're working with maximized windows in a full screen remote session, leading to mistaken clicks on dock apps and the loading of these apps on the Mac OS side.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11
  • Don't see your idea?

Remote Desktop Client for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base