Please enter your feature suggestions...

Select which monitors will use an RDP connection

In a multi-monitor setup with three or more monitors, configure an RDP session to assign one or more desktops for remote display, instead of an all-or-one monitor assignment.

177 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jonathan Sapp shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Betty S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have 3 monitors and used to be able to select which monitors I wanted to view (by selecting the F3 button on my keyboard), usually 2 out of the 3. Now, it only appears on one monitor which has a negative impact on productivity. Please bring that feature back.

• Mike Barber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've got 3 monitors and want to only have remote desktop windows display on two of the three. And let me pick which two get used.

• Ed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lately it has been hard to predict which of my three monitors the RDP session is going to display the RDP session. If I recall correctly, it used to always open on the monitor that held the connection center when the session was double clicked.

Now, who knows?

It would be great if it were directable, maybe a default setting or if right clicking it could ask “open on which monitor?”.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have three monitors, two of which are for development works with Visual Studio and the other one is for mailing, skype, schedule checks and all the office works fit to a non-RDP environment.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature will realize truly parallel computing with Mac and Windows. It'd be very nice to have a multi-monitor experience with Mac and one with Windows simultaneously.

• Nick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Multi monitor support is needed. Without it, beta is a backward step.

• Remy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Without multiple monitor support, this app is just a toy (i.e., not useful for those of us who actually have more business-related workflows: connecting to multiple systems, having Xterms up, multiple mail programs, etc.) because this darn thing insists on being the only app you can interact with.

• John Alderson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is by far my #1 desired feature! Also related would be choosing which monitor, once connected, is "primary"

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, the all our nothing option is a pain for those that actually have a number of monitors. If I have 3 or 4 and want to use two for the RDP session, that would be wonderful.

• Beau Hesterberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There used to be an option, "displays have separate spaces." Now it's grayed out. For some reason, turning that off used to make things work for me on a two-monitor set-up, when I only wanted one to be the RDP.

Feedback and Knowledge Base