Thank you for all the suggestions so far...

Allow copy and paste of files between local and remote machines

In the standard Remote Desktop Connection software you can move files between the remote and local computers easily. Provide a file copy mechanism for doing this in the new client.

452 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jim M shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Definitely a feature we’d like to add at some point. Copy/Paste of text is now available after it was added in the last update. File copy is more restrictive due to the sandbox the app runs in but we do plan on looking for a way to support this.

David Bélanger

37 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A number of us are being forced to use the new Windows 10 Remote Desktop app after CredSSP update broke RDP. Please add this capability back.

How is this still no available 3 years later? Unbelievable that such a standard remote desktop feature is not in the software.

What a gigantic step backwards. I cannot believe Microsoft would publish something that is such a gigantic step backwards.

• Valkata Elgetaitis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an essential feature. Without it this application is just a useless waste of development resources. Nomatter how beautiful it is.

With the Credssp problem and unable to use the old remote desktop and having to go to the new one, I was very disappointed to find I could not copy and paste files. Please update with this feature ASAP.

• Apichart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ฉันไม่สามารถใช้คุณลักษณะนี้ได้เนื่องจากการถ่ายโอนไฟล์เป็นสิ่งสำคัญ

• Schneur Z Eichorn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

David,

Has any progress been made in the last year to allow some sort of local file access?

It's a shame that such a polished and beautiful app is rendered useless to most of like this...

• Jef commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we have an update on the work being done for this highly requested feature enhancement?

Can we have a progress update on this? Seems like an essential feature is still missing after years

• Gustavo Canales commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

wow, is unbeliavable this app still without this feature in 2018!!! I have this feature even on MAC! I have to still using 3rd part apps.

You must fix this, whitout this, this app doesnt works!

Hey David. Have you got any news? I really enjoy this version of remote desktop since it remembers everything I need. And it scales! This is the only thing missing before I can switch from the old mstsc to this.

• Braulio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't believe there's no fix for this already, does anyone from Microsoft ever check this forum?

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base