Please enter your feature suggestion...

Sync the local keyboard layout to the host

You should be able to keep your local keyboard layout from your host computer when remoting into another computer.
Many servers and computer are locked so that the keyboard layout may not be changed, or have issues where the layout will switch back to US qwerty. I use Dvorak and this is VERY annoying to me.

44 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Coty TernesCoty Ternes shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Kalvin OneKalvin One commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very annoying... still no solution ? I need all local countries keyboards when users connect to Remote Desktop on Windows Server 2012. Thanks.

• José Luis GarcíaJosé Luis García commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Windows 10
        Microsoft Remote Desktop Version 10.1.903.0

Sigo teniendo que utilizar la combinación Alt+Shift para alternar el idioma del teclado.

• sibirsksibirsk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem - I must switch to my language (with alt-shift) in every app I open on the remote session. Also I've noticed that while the Windows Store preview screenshots in the Remote Desktop app page are in my language, the app is installed in English localization.
        It's going to be a long way if they want this to become the only RD client in Windows.

• JOERG HUNDGEBURTHJOERG HUNDGEBURTH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The keyboard language switches with every remote connection to US. It should be as configured in the remote computer settings. Else you can set it to the local language of the user, but never fix to US.

• Wolfgang MerkelWolfgang Merkel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use Remote Desktop App Preview v 10.1.859.0 on a HP Pavilion 17, running W10pro 14322.rs1_release.160422-1940 in German with German keyboard.

I connect to a Win7pro PC running German with German keyboard.

When I connect to the new booted machine, the keyboard switches to US. I can see the US sign on the logging screen, as logging is automated I cannot change.

When I connect with a user already logged in, the keyboard keeps German.

I connect to an old XP pro machine running Windows in US-mode.

The keyboard is set to German in Remote Desktop as it should be.

The same problem exists when using the mobile app 10.1.859.0 on a Lumia 1520 running build 10.0.14332.1001

There is no option to set the keyboard language in the Remote Desktop Preview App, so this should be fixed.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After a remote desktop connection, changes the keyboard language settings. It is not always desirable. Allow the fixed keyboard language setting.

Feedback and Knowledge Base