Remote Desktop support on Linux

Welcome to the UserVoice forum for Remote Desktop clients. Vote for a feature or submit your own below! For help troubleshooting problems, please post about your issue with a detailed description.
The Fine Print: We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.
  1. Remote Desktop Client for Linux - WVD Debian e Respbian

Please, I have several clients with Debian and Respian using RDS, total of 3500 users. I just didn't migrate to WVD because we don't have a client to connect to. I know it works via HTML5 WEB, but I wanted to give the user a better experience. Can you help develop the client for Linex Debian and Raspberry RaspBian?

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Feature suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. ignore certificate warnings

Please add an option to ignore certificate warnings or automatically trust them.
    The warning and prompt is preventing shell functions using rdesktop from functioning, they just hang in there.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Camera Redirection for WVD

Please enable camera redirection when connecting to WVD

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Support COM port redirection

Linux WVD SDK needs to support serial port (COM port) redirection like regular RDP clients (i.e. Remmina/FreeRDP).

It is impossible to migrate certain applications requiring COM port redirection to WVD because it is simply not a feature of the linux SDK.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I would like to deploy WVD to Suse Linux Enterprise Desktop.

We have several thousand desktops we publish using other online options. We would like to test and try WVD but require a SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop client. Same premise as others - client is better than the browser option.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Remote Desktop support on Linux

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base