Remote Desktop Beta Client for Mac

Welcome to the UserVoice forum for Remote Desktop clients. For help troubleshooting problems, please post about your issue with a detailed description.
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.
  1. Error code: 0x4

I'm encountering this error below across multiple machines, networks, and versions of MRD when attempting to log into a PC from several Macs. Sometime the application works, half the time it doesn't. When the error appears, it happens across multiple machines. It has also kicked me off a session in mid-use. I've tried 3 versions of MRD and it occurs on all of them. What is the solution?

Your session ended because of an error. If this keeps happening, contact your network administrator for assistance.

Error code: 0x4

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Unable to connect to the remote PC as there is no network connectivity

I am trying to connect to my remote PC through an access point generated by it. However, in beta 10.4.0 build 1803 and higher, my connection to the access point fails as no network connectivity is detected. Can this check be made an option which the user can turn off?

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Client freezes often on Catalina 10.15.4 the same like 10.3.8

It freezes suddenly the same way like it was on 10.3.8.
    I have to disconnect/connect each time or sometimes force shut down app. It happens really often.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Error Code 0x300005f When Connecting

When attempting to connect via Remote Desktop Beta for Mac to a local Windows 10 machine, I get Error Code 0x300005f after inputting login credentials.

There's not much information available about the error code, so not really sure where to go to find out more.

Possible that there are some port forwarding or firewall issues, but pinging the IP address shows the appropriate port is open.

When the Windows Firewall is fully disabled, I get error code 0x300005e.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. WVD will not allow only one monitor

The lack of a single monitor option for WVD remote access is unacceptable and forces me to use only the browser client which is a less immersive experience.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Redirection folders - wrong file date after save (dates files 11/29/2076)

Reported here https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/azure/en-US/1d64b564-74b4-4a2e-b38f-fd8550fcb172/redirection-folders-wrong-file-date-after-save?forum=winRDc

When using folder redirection from a Mac, files created by the remote server to the redirected folder results in those files being dated as 11/29/2076.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Error code: 0x204

keep getting this error when attempting to log in.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. connection center window state is no longer remembered

Hi,

With a recent update, the connection center windows is now ALWAYS displayed on top off all other remote session windows when I command-tab back to Microsoft Remote Desktop Beta. If I had closed the connection center window, it reappears. This is frustrating, I need to close the connection center window every time I return back to the Remote Desktop app. In the past, it remembered my window status/state.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. If you connect through a Gateway and your Mac goes to sleep, or you switch WiFi networks, the connection locks up and does't reconnect

If you connect through a Gateway and your Mac goes to sleep, or you switch WiFi networks, the connection locks up and does't auto-reconnect, sometimes it tries, and never manages it, but mostly the windows hang.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Opening a remote connection always requires two double-clicks

This isn't so much an idea as a problem. For some time now any preconfigured RDP connection I open always requires that I double-click the connection once, wait one or two seconds, and then double-click again to get the connection to start. After which I always get the message: "We couldn't retrieve your password from your keychain, please enter your password again." And, attempts to define a username and password within the preferences screen always fail.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. IT hangs the desktop window. One doesn't notice until you try to work in it.

When this one gets disconnected/looses connection, it hangs the desktop window. One doesn't notice until you try to work in it and it's unresponsive.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Remote Desktop Shutting Down Issue

When quitting the app I am now getting a window that pops up and says "Remote Desktop Shutting Down" it just spins and never quits.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. fails to quit

MRD 10.4.0 Fails to Quit

I select quit and it puts up a dialog that says, "Remote Desktop is shutting down..." with a "Quit Now" button. Left on it's own, it never quits. You need to press the button. It should promptly Quit when you tell it to. (What is it doing? Why can't it just quit? )

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Crash when using smartcard redirection

RDP Beta Client is crashing when trying to connect having the option "Smard cards" redirection enabled and having inserted a smartcard (e.g. DTRUST 3.1 Smartcard) into a reader (e.g. REINERSCT cyberJack RFID komfort). The error is:

OS Version: Mac OS X 10.15.3 (19D76)
    Bridge OS Version: 4.2 (17P3050)
    System Integrity Protection: enabled
    Crashed Thread: 9 Dispatch queue: com.apple.root.default-qos

Exception Type: EXCBADACCESS (SIGSEGV)
    Exception Codes: KERNINVALIDADDRESS at 0x0000000000000000
    Exception Note: EXCCORPSENOTIFY

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Multiple monitor support would like to specify resolution for both monitors

I have 27" 5K iMac with a 27" 4K external monitor. I am connecting to a windows machine that I would to connect at 1920x1080 on both monitors. The setting is disabled when use all monitors is selected. Also I plan to add a third monitor to the iMac I would like the option to only use 2 of the monitors not all 3 for remote session.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Gemalto smart card stopped working

Hi I went through with You (MS) and Gemalto of how to connect a remote smart card to a terminal session. The patch you made fixed the issue .. However this patch has since been removed and reverted to the original issue. From memory this was something to do with how MS handled the cert on the card.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 'use all monitors' does not work when 'optimize for retina displays' is selected

I upgraded to remote desktop version 10.3.9 (1767) today, and i can no longer start a remote desktop session that runs on all my external monitors. Current MacOS: 10.15.4

When the 'optimize for retina displays' option is selected all the monitors are not used even if the 'use all monitors' checkbox has been selected. so i can only use one screen at a time which is pretty useless...

If 'optimize for retina displays' is unchecked then the rdp session uses all monitors but the text is terribly blurry and almost unreadable, again pretty useless…

Is there a fix for this…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Keyboard input does not work on MacOS 11 Big Sur Beta.

Cannot get keyboard input to work at all on RD or RD Beta in MacOS 11 Big Sur.

Version 10.4.0 (1805)
    MacOS Big Sur 11.0
    EN-GB Keyboard

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Remote Desktop MAC client not detecting when my windows PC locks

I am working on a MAC and I am use remote desktop to open my Windows machine at work, when I change desktop on my mac and my windows machine locks out the UI freezes and does not detect that the windows machine is locked so what I see is just last window before lock frozen. I have to quit the remote desktop app and reconnect to fix this. My version is 10.4.0 (1789)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Remote Desktop Beta Client for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base